Monday 30 September 2013

Mask of Magnaminty

A few weeks ago now I visited my local lush store, now to be brutally honest I thought lush was all about smelly bath bombs! I was proved wrong, I was prompted to visit due to a review of lush products by one of my all time favourite bloggers and youtube sensation Cassandra Bankson! (http://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondsAndHeels14) I love her and I have done a blog post once before about her (http://louiseelizabethharrop.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/one-word-inspiring.html) please check it out as she's such an inspirational young woman. Anyways back to my review so I went to lush, searching for the ever so desired miracle acne treatment. I did my research before, which trust me I recommend saves you a heap of cash!

And decided to try Lush Mask of Magnaminty £5.25 (Small Pot, 125g)




















'This peppermint mask does everything it can to fight eruptions and outbreaks and return your skin to tip top condition'

Now I have used this product loads, I'm almost at the end of the pot. It smells great, like mint choc-chip ice cream, but its not always about how good it smells ha! Truthfully, this product has not given me amazing results, however I can say that it did help to diminish my angry spots but this did take several uses of the mask to get rid of one spot. Which to be honest isn't great, I was hoping to see at least some improvement after one use at least, this didn't happen.

When I used the product I left it on for various amounts of time, ranging from the recommended 15 mins to 45 mins, this was to experiment with what results I got when I left it on longer. Honestly, it made no difference, not to totally slate the product but I personally would not buy this again as it didn't do anything amazing. If you only used this product once a week you would not see any improvement, I only saw improvement when I used it for several nights in a row.

Its fair to say that spots are different for everyone, dependant on what types of spots you get and how frequent you get them. Now if its down to hormones (it is for me) then its just a case of battling them and doing your best to keep them at bay. This product may work for you and if it has I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on it, so please comment below! But for now, I will keep trying to find a product that works well, and when I do of course I will review. But for now fellow bloggers my mission is still ongoing!

- Louise Elizabeth Harrop


No comments:

Post a Comment