Thursday 21 June 2012

Beautiful Tranquillity in a Prom Dress

Choosing the ideal prom dress for me was so annoyingly hard I have to admit this was not my first choice but after thinking and over-thinking I chose to do something different to what people would expect. The end of college prom is so different to your year 11 prom, where over the top was key! I went for a simple red short puffball dress. I wore silver jewellery with matching shoes and clutch! Again not wanting to follow the crowd of gem encrusted ball gowns that stuck out a mile and couldn't walk in, I went with my own preference. My end of college prom is where we can all show our transformations into adults, with my dreams of becoming the next Louise Roe or Whitney Port subtly standing out in my head I knew I had to leave a taste of my individual fashion taste in the mouths of my fellow sixth formers! My taste is fashion that doesn't stand out a mile, like this dress the beautifully vintage feeling print hovering over the white chiffon is beautiful. What makes this dress key to spring/summer trends is the pleating and the cuts up the side of the dress. I have teamed this dress with my absolutely beautiful and lets not forget comfortable! White H&M flowered wedges and a white and aqua blue structured clutch by Dorothy Perkins to bring out the aqua greens of the leaves in the dress. I love this outfit and feel confident that its fashion foward with a style twist of my own, here simplicity is the key to the fashion statement. Also I must add that all together this outfit cost me £45 for the dress (Oasis) £24.99 for my wedges (H&M) and my clutch £15 (Dorothy Perkins) a few gold jewellery pieces that I already had comes to a show stopping £84.99! And I plan to have a wonderful time at my prom to celebrate the two years of college life coming to an end and the beginning of my career in fashion! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment