Sunday 20 October 2013

Looking Forward

Raspberry Sublime!
Yesterday I visited Manchester, I've actually never been into the city centre before, visited the airport many times (haha), but never the city centre. The reason for my visit was to go see Manchester Met University as I hope to do my final year of my degree there, Manchester is such a thriving city and many people are calling it the new London. So there are so many opportunities hiding in that huge city centre for me, especially as I'm doing a fashion degree!

The university was great, all brand new buildings that looked more like museums than uni buildings it really gave off a creative feel! The tutor we met on the day opened my eyes into the depths fashion can take us, she was so inspirational and it gave me loads of things to think about!

Having tea!
Later in the day, me and my friends did a little shopping! Well, we couldn't have left the city without sampling their highstreet which to my amazement was huge! We got lost several times, and wandered around looking puzzled but after lots of shopping we had to rest our withered feet. (I say that literally our feet ached so much after our trek around Manchester!) So we had tea at TGI Fridays.

I loved Manchester, the hustle and bustle of a city centre put me off at first but after exploring further I warmed to it, and decided I'd love to take myself out of my comfort zone and experience new things for my final year! So wish me luck, better get on with my personal statement hadn't I!

- Louise Elizabeth Harrop



No comments:

Post a Comment