Saturday 7 July 2012

Christian Louboutin




Christian Louboutin, need I say more?

This week I took a trip down to what at the moment looks like a very muggy London with my old textiles class to see the heavily anticipated Louboutin exhibition. The actual exhibition itself was flawlessly brilliant and I loved it all! As soon as you walk in you see a hologram of a giant diamanté shoe that spins around and later changes into a burlesque dancer, I'm thinking Dita Von Teese? The exhibition is cleverly set in a dark red and black room which reflects his ever so famous red sole that we see celebs prancing down the red carpet in! Oh if I could afford!

I don't want to explain everything about the exhibition but I must say you can see a lot of thought has gone into the creation of his displays. Each shoe has a little story behind it, like his take on the ballet shoe with the vertical heel so when a woman wears the shoe they are instantly a ballerina on point! Maybe not so practical but clearly a magnificent idea. Also the shoe he created for YSL for their final couture house runway, the shoe was created with a simple black sandal heel with no straps but a badge of the YSL logo in black diamanté that was placed on the foot! I loved the exhibition so much and as someone who dreams of owning a wardrobe full of his breathtaking shoes I marvelled at the whole exhibition, a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment